The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) promotes the safe and effective use of powered access worldwide. This powered access equipment, often referred to as ‘MEWPs’ (mobile elevating work platforms) are used within construction and maintenance for working at height.
MEWP operators require proof of competence for using the equipment. The IPAF PAL (powered access licence) card is the most widely used, recognised and respected proof of training for platform operators, with more than 100,000 operators trained each year through the IPAF training scheme via a network of approved training centres.
As an accredited IPAF Training Centre, MG Scotland can deliver the following IPAF training courses (click the links to learn more about each course):
- Operator – the most popular IPAF course for operators using MEWPs (1 Day)
- PAL + – optional advanced-level operator course for using MEWPs in challenging environments and sectors e.g. steel erectors (1 Day)
- MEWPS for Managers – theory-only course for Managers overseeing MEWP use on site (1 Day)
- Harness Use and Inspection – useful short course on the safe use of harnesses on MEWPs (Half Day)
- Loading/Unloading – ideal for drivers working for powered access and plant rental companies or anyone responsible for transporting MEWPs (1 Day)
Once complete, delegates are awarded an IPAF Photocard (PAL card), valid for 5 years from date of training.